Mar 12 2015
AIMS International APAC Regional Meeting held in New Delhi, India, 26-28th February 2015.
The meeting at the Leela Palace was attended by the regional AIMS International representatives as well as Daniel Ekberg, President of AIMS International. Further steps in strengthening the foundations of the partnership, through sharing and discussing key topics and regional trends, were taken. The majority of the meeting focused on the Strategy Vision 2017 and its implementation in the APAC region, setting the clients’ needs further into the focus.
AIMS International India has offices in Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai and Chennai and is planning to expand its operations with new offices in Pune and and Bangalore in 2016.
– For us India is a very important market. China´s growth has reached a peak, but India still has more growth oppotunities and is an important market for many multi national companies, says Kevin Wallis, Executive Vice President APAC.
As a part of the meeting a Client Event and Panel Discussion on the theme ”Diversity in the War for Talent” took place. It was attended by 47 clients who had the opportunity to ask questions and add to the discussions.
– In India a glass ceiling exists. But corporates have started thinking towards diversity in recruitment to break this barrier. Policies are being made keeping women in mind. The best example is the India banking sector, where a lot of women are heading the top banking organisations. Also family run organsations are no longer discriminating between the son and the daughter and the ”top seat” is going to the more deserving heir, says Adarsh Matta, Managing Partner AIMS International India.
As a global organisation AIMS International has noted that the India hiring trends and practices differ somewhat from the global model.
– Here the college or institute of education plays a very important role in getting the desired job, unlike other countries where the individuals calibre is judged. The salary package is usually determined based on the candidate´s current package and his education, followed by her/his expertise, continues Adarsh Matta, Managing Partner AIMS International India.
– Globally we are seeing an increase in women representation in the Board of companies. UK has seen the maximum increase of approx 10% over the last 3 years, followed by Canada and then the US which is 3%. It is heartening to note that this trend is catching on also in India, says Daniel Ekberg, President of AIMS International.
Over the last few decades multi national companies have realized major labor cost advantages by hiring staff in India. But they increasingly look to India as a potential hub for large-scale research and development operations, moving India up the value chain, along with pushing pay and and the competition for technology sector talent to new levels. Desired industries these days are the multi national corporates and new technology industries like IT, Telecom, E-commerce compared to traditional PSU, Government and Manufacturing.
– At the senior levels we see that salaries are converging with the parent companies in the West. A number of Indians are given senior global roles and their compensations are being made equal to their Western counterparts, says Adarsh Matta, Managing Partner AIMS International India.
– According to estimates there will be over a million new jobs and salary increases of up to 40% in the new finacial year. India is on the threshold of becoming a super-power and with a stable and progressive government, the right investments and trust the coming years should see India booming, concludes Adarsh Matta, Managing Partner AIMS International India.
Susann Blybäck – International Coordinator AIMS International
+43 676 3014 350
About AIMS International: GLOBAL EXECUTIVE SEARCH AND TALENT MANAGEMENT. Amongst the top 10 Executive Search firms in the world for the last five years, AIMS International is spread across all continents with over 350 consultants in 50 countries. Our clients benefit from high quality and fully integrated services in Retained Executive Search and Talent Management in all parts of the world where they operate. Daniel Ekberg, President: “AIMS International’s business model is different. The partners of well established firms in all mature and several emerging countries joined together to create a partnership dedicated to the highest quality standards. The power of AIMS International lies in the fact that each partner has high accountability for achieving results and our clients benefit from a truly international approach irrespective of country borders. Our Executive Board ensures that our high quality standards are met in every country in which we operate. A high performance organization requires recognition and response to clients’ needs. AIMS International’s global key account management system provides each client with the individualized service it requires. ”